The organization chart of the Institute is shown in the Figure below.
The Director's Office is chaired by the ICE Director, and composed by the Deputy Director and the Manager of the Institute. The Assistant to the Director supports the functioning of this office.
The Institute has two Departments and one Technical Unit. These 3 bodies are:
- APS: Department of Astrophysics and Planetary Sciences,
- CFP: Department of Cosmology and Fundamental Physics,
- AEU: Advanced Engineering Unit
Each of these bodies (simply called Departments) have a Head. A detailed description of the research carried on in these Departments is described in detail in this webpage.
Research groups are part of these departments.
According to the Institute's tradition and the approved internal regulations, all members with contracts of an initial duration of 5 years or more are considered senior members of the Institute.
All committees in the organization chart are executive. They are there to 'act' according to their guidelines, and to implement instructions given by their immediate upper level in the organization.
Heads of Department (Committee members) are expected to be in office for a period of 4 (2) years.
Our White Book for the institute's operations (available to all members) detail functioning roles, working guidelines, membership, responsibilities, procedures to implement recurrent actions, typical meetings cadence for each body, typical timescales to respond to predictable requests, etc. It also details our decision-making protocol as well as others for outreach activities, workspace allocation, teaching activities, laboratories operation, etc.
The executive team is currently (3/2016 - 3/2020) formed by
- Director: Diego F. Torres
- Deputy Director: Ignasi Ribas
- Head of the Astrophysics and Planetary Science Department (APS): Josep Miquel Girart
- Head of the Cosmology and Fundamental Physics Department (CFP): Enrique Gaztañaga
- Administrative Manager: Angels Benet
- Assistant to the Director: Noemí Cortés
The Institute Board is composed by the Director, Deputy Director, Manager and Heads of Department plus two working-force representatives and functions following CSIC regulations. The two working-force representatives for the period 4/2016 - 4/2018 are
- Cristina Manuel
- Josep M. Trigo
You are welcome to contact any of the above named persons, or the working commissions directly by using @ice.csic.es and the user-id corresponding to the name of each commission (e.g., email@example.com). Current members of the commissions (4/2016 - 4/2018) are as follows:
- Computing: Pablo Fosalba (chair) + Martín Crocce + Josep Sanz
- Workspace: Francisco Castander (chair) + Manager
- Outreach: Laura Tolós (chair) + Emma de Oña + Ricard Casas
- ICE Life: Nanda Rea (chair) + Carlos F. Sopuerta + Víctor Martín
- Teaching: Aldo Serenelli (chair) + Margarita Hernanz + Lluís Gesa