The Forum seeks to host high-level, international workshops (up to ~100 persons) as reflected in
- the quality of speakers and innovativeness/timeliness of the topic
- a book published after the session, which value goes beyond that of common proceedings to become a useful reference for the topic
- a concurrent outreach event that explains what the Forum session is about to the general public.
Following tradition, there should be a Young Scientist Award to the Best Work presented at the workshop, decided by the SOC of each session. Generic guidelines of the award can be found in the Forum web.
Innovative, unusual, or cross-field meetings proposals are highly welcomed.
Possible support may include up to covering the full expenses of:
- Workshop meeting room (@ Casa de Cultura, in front of the Monastery) for <~100 persons (other meeting rooms of similar / smaller size are possible if more convenient than this for a particular reason). Outreach room: for 150 persons at the same place, and/or for up to 850 persons if in the Teatre Auditori in case an special outreach event is foreseen to possibly happen there. Use of the Monastery cloister (Sant Cugat Museum) for the welcome cocktail. Use of the City's tourist office for registration. Help in the diffusion of the outreach event.
- Service of Internet wifi / microphone(s) / projection / video / sound at the Workshop place. Technical personal at all the meeting places.
- Artist support (e.g., poster of the meeting), and secretarial support (e.g., local payments to providers, registration fees), etc.
- Set-up logistics (see webpage for details). Inclusion of all information for the meeting in the Forum web (i.e., which can be the Workshop page directly); help with local contacts.
A written proposal (3 pages max) with rationale, intended program & speakers, and outreach event is highly preferred, informal contacts are also welcomed. Any astrophysicist is welcomed to propose a session.